- 1 cup corn frozen or fresh niblet
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. minced fresh ginger root (note) if you desire to convert into an Asian Dish, make the helping of Ginger Root to be (1) full Tsp and add 1/2 tsp crushed mustard to the dish.
Some folks who like dishes really hot will often play with this dish adding more hot peppers to kick the heat up. However, this dish has a mild flavor and is exceptional towards anyone pallet. It can also use (1) tbs of Ginger Teriyaki Big Acres Gourmet Foods to substitute for fresh ginger root in Asian Cuisine.
You can also add (1) fresh cut avocado along with (1) large tomato diced and toss in the bowl to create a more of a California Style Black Bean Salad, or include (1) fresh chopped zucchini and add with beans for more of a vegan dish. The combination of sauce with these other vegetables makes one superb flavored dish.
Serving can be as a side or dressed over a taco adding cheese. It is the easy one recipe that allows such an easy change without much effort. Remember, any of these methods makes for a super side dish to enhance your outdoor Barbecue or Cowboy cooking.
return to recipes:
return to Chuck Wagons